Saturday 28 August 2010

Dance

If I could I would learn how to dance salsa, I would dance all night long. The rain drops would fall and cover the ground. I'll be bare foot, and so will be you. There would be live music. The notes would invade our souls and we would forget that there is anything else in the world, but me and you, and the infinite sounds that make us dance. The moon would be full, so there wouldn't be fake lanterns above our heads. The wind would be calm and gentle. Our hands would touch, would fit like two pieces of a puzzle. We would never let go. I would be in a dress. While I would dance with you, the dress would dance with the rain. There would be only the two of us and yet there would be way more than that.

But when the morning will come, the musicians will stop. The sun will come up and brighten the streets. You will go back to where you came from. I will stay in the rain. 

No comments: