Sunday 14 November 2010

sing along, dance tonight

Last night I had a very bad date. Actually the passed two weeks have been disasterous if we are talking about men. Gotta get back in the groove, don't know how though.
So last night was BAD, but good for me that the beer was great.

I don't think I ever have posted lyrics of any song on my blog. Oh no, I did, a very long time ago. I'm pretty sure it was Orca by Canadian band Wintersleep.
But that I posted because the song and the lyrics were simply too good to not share.

This is a little different. The song isn't unbelievably awesome, but the melody is catchy and some lines are great. I'll leave it up to you to decide which lines are better than the others. I've suggested this song in a post some time ago, but now it's back in my head and it won't leave. The song is Crystalized by none other than The XX.


You've applied the pressure
To have me crystallized
And you've got the faith
That I could bring paradise
I'll forgive and forget
Before I'm paralyzed
Do I have to keep up the pace
To keep you satisfied?
Things have gotten closer to the sun
And I've done things in small doses
So don't think that I'm pushin you away
When you're the one that I've kept closest
You don't move slow
Taking steps in my directions
The sound resounds echo
Does it lessen your affection? No
You say I'm foolish
For pushing this aside
But burn down our home
I won't leave alive
Glaciers have melted to the sea
I wish the tide would take me over
I've been down on my knees
And you just keep on getting closer
Glaciers have melted to the sea
(Things have gotten closer to the sun)
I wish the tide would take me over
(And I've done things in small doses)
I've been down onto my knees
(So don't think that I'm pushing you away)
And you just keep on getting closer
(When you're the one that I've kept closest)
Go slow
Go slow
Go slow
Go slow
Go slow

No comments: