Saturday 19 April 2014

The Weak Boys

The weak boys that pretend to be strong.
And..
The strong boys that pretend to be weak.

There are the two categories that men can be classified in. Yes, we're not supposed to classify people in groups, generalize. But then again, our lives pivot around the idea that we belong to certain groups.
We identify ourselves based on what we are and what we have been taught that we are. I am a girl, so I put myself in the girl-group. Then it goes on based on race and ethnicity. Next on is the income group, where are we -what social group do we belong in? The list goes on, based on interests, based on religious and political views. Ultimately we place ourselves in groups, and in the end it it one group in specific that means the most to us. And then I question, who am I? 

And who are you? What is the most important thing to you? Who do you want people to see first?

No comments: